This is over and above the 32 extra flights from 17 January 2012 to 1 February 2012 announced last week.
An additional of 12 extra flights to be operated using the 144-seater Boeing 737-400 aircraft covers the following routes:
1) Kuala Lumpur – Kuching: 2 flights
2) Kuching – Kuala Lumpur: 2 flights
3) Kuala Lumpur – Tawau: 3 flights
4) Tawau – Kuala Lumpur: 3 flights
5) Kuala Lumpur – Langkawi: 1 flight
6) Langkawi – Kuala Lumpur: 1 flight
Total: 12 flights
There are also 2 upgraded flights which will be upgraded from using the 144-seater Boeing 737-400 aircraft to the 294-seater Airbus A330 aircraft. This will provide an extra of 150-seats on each flight. Below is the table for the upgraded flights:-
1) Kuala Lumpur – Kuching: 1 flight
2) Kuching – Kuala Lumpur: 1 flight
Total: 2 flights
Fares for the above routes are also highly competitive. Customers can fly economy class from Kuala Lumpur to Langkawi, Kuching and Tawau at one-way fares starting from RM199, RM379, and RM149 respectively*.
They will also get a taste of true Malaysian Hospitality and full service benefits like free baggage allowance of 20kgs and 30kgs per person for economy and business class travel respectively.
As done previously, Malaysia Airlines will continue to monitor the situation and add more capacity on sectors where there is further demand.